- School IPM Home
- Laws & Regulations
- Managing Pests
- Health & Environment
- Model Programs
- Tools & Templates
- Activities & Advisory Group
- School IPM Publications
- Other Resources
- Webinar: Healthy Schools Act Updates
The School and Child Care IPM Team recently presented a Webinar explaining the new amendments to the Healthy Schools Act. If you were unable to attend, or just want to hear the information again, check out this recording of the Webinar. It includes both the PowerPoint presentation and the narration.
- For School Districts and Child Care Centers, Healthy Schools Act Amendments fact sheet, PDF (195 kb)
On January 1, 2015, new amendments to the HSA went into effect. Schoolsites (K-12 schools and licensed child care centers) applying certain pesticides are required to complete an IPM Plan, report pesticide use at least annually to DPR, and, starting on July 1, 2016, complete IPM training.
- For Pest Management Professionals, Healthy Schools Act Amendments fact sheet, PDF (275 kb)
New amendments to the Healthy Schools Act that affect pest management professionals (PMPs) were recently passed. Starting July 1, 2016 a PMP must complete a DPR-approved school IPM training course before applying any pesticides at a school or licensed child care center.
- Healthy Schools Act text, PDF (180 kb)
Text from the California Business and Professions Code, Education Code, Food & Agricultural Code, and Health & Safety Code related to the Healthy Schools Act.
- Healthy Schools Act Requirements in English, PDF (391 kb) or En Español, PDF (125 kb) (from the School Administrators page)
- Pesticide products prohibited from use in schools and child care centers English, PDF (188 kb) or En Español, PDF (162 kb)
California Healthy Schools Act Compliance video
This entertaining, short video contains practical and up-to-date information needed to comply with the California Healthy Schools Act.