- School IPM Home
- Laws & Regulations
- Managing Pests
- Health & Environment
- Model Programs
- Tools & Templates
- Activities & Advisory Group
- School IPM Publications
- Other Resources
- Healthy Schools Act (HSA) text, PDF, (105 kb) - Text from the California Education Code, Food & Agriculture Code and Health & Safety Code related to the Healthy Schools Act.
- What’s mandatory, what’s voluntary - clarification of the Healthy Schools Act requirements ( PDF, 20 kb)
Frequently Asked Questions About The Healthy Schools Act
color, PDF (234 kb) b&w, PDF (230 kb)
- AB 405 list of pesticide products prohibited from use in schools and child day care facilities (English, PDF, 159 kb) (En Español, PDF, 82 kb)
- Pesticides exempted from the Healthy Schools Act, PDF (136 kb) - a worksheet to help you determine whether recordkeeping, posting, and notification are legally required for particular pesticide products. (NOTE: As part of a sound IPM program, DPR recommends keeping records of ALL pest management activities).
Pesticide Use Reporting
- Reporting school site pesticide use, PDF (10 kb) - of special interest to pest control businesses working with public schools and child day care facilities.
- Form for reporting pesticide use in schools and child day care facilities, PDF (122 kb) - for use by licensed pest control businesses. Forms must be sent directly to DPR.