Return to search page...
Help on searching the Health and Safety Documents Database
- To search the Health and Safety Documentss database, you may search on any one or any combination of topic(s), keywords, author or year of publication.
- The keywords list is generated from the entire list of keywords on file for all documents in the database. Keyword searches are conducted on both the title and keywords fields. Thus, if your keyword appears in either the keywords or title for a document, the document will be returned with the search results.
- To search for words that do not appear in the keywords list, enter the word or phrase into the "topic" text box. Topic searches are conducted on both the title and keywords fields. Therefore, if your search string appears in either the keywords or title for a document, the document will be included in the search results.
- You may generate a compound search by specifying 2 search strings; enter or select a topic on the left side of the form, choose an operator ("AND" or "OR") and enter or select a topic on the right side of the form.
- You may include an "Author" name in your search. Names in the author field are stored in the format "E Jones", and entries with multiple authors are comma-delimited, for instance: "E Jones, J Doe, P Wilson".
- You may also restrict your search to a particular year or range of years. To do so, select an operator ("less than" (<), "equal to" (=), or "greater than" (>) and type in a 4-digit year.